Friday, July 9, 2010

Mfuge

Sorry for not posting since I got back but not much went on for a couple of days. It is always fun to adjust back to real life after living on the road for an extended period of time but life is great! Saturday and Sunday were both spent at the lake with my oh so amazing lovely kelsey and her family where I made up for lost meals and water time. It was nice to take a couple of days off and just enjoy the comforts and spoils that we have in an everyday, "normal" life. I was itching to get out climbing sunday but everyone was busy or away so I settled for more relaxation and weight gain. Happy Birthday 'Merica!!! Anyways, this past week I have been at a camp called Mfuge doing some mission work and re-evaluating my relationship with Jesus. The week was great and I met so many great new people and also did lots and lots and lots of work. Our band, Sycamore, also got together and played one night there and brought back the crazy good times. I was also super nervous for some reason, I don't know, all this climbing I thought I would have forgotten how to play the drums. Motivated, I jammed my heart out and it actually went over surprisingly well. Overall the week was great for me and my group, relationships both physical and spiritual were mended and yes, I had the greatest track group ever!! Anyways as we are currently driving back I can't help to be super psyched about getting some climbing in! Saturday and Sunday will be most likely spent at Sandrock, having a great time and get on a couple of soon to be projects, Crucified by Love (13a), and Rant (13a). Monday me Mark and Cal will hopefully be able to head out to Fosters and I can get on Gas Chamber (12d). Ready for the weekend to come. Check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment