Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Past Couple of Days


The past couple of days have been completely different from any climbing days I have had in the past.  Monday we hit it hard and I warmed up with a nice onsight of the super classic line, Legacy (11a) at Endless Wall. Brent got some amazing pictures, posted below, and some really good climbing went down. We headed over to mississippi burning (12b) and I sent it on the second go. It was on a really amazing golden arete, different than anything I have climbed and also first 12 at the New!  Today I woke up and was ready to climb hard when all of the sudden everyone was wanting to take a light day. I was pretty down on the fact that I wasn't going to be sending anything hard but we were doing some trad and I got psyched! It was only my second day of trad climbing but I ended up sending this amazing finger crack called broken vows (10a). I am starting to understand trad more and more now and it has definitely given me a new perspective on climbing. The cliff line was really obscure and not many people have ever climbed there but the routes and the scenery off of the top is indescribable. And my 70 meter barely made it down! Overall an amazing day but tomorrow looks good to tick some more 12s and possibly get closer to sending apollo reed.

No comments:

Post a Comment