Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rainy Dayz

So the past couple of days have been rainy at The New. Yesterday we took a rest day due to the morning rain followed by the hot afternoon sun which made for a hot and humid afternoon. Today's plan was to get back on Lactic Acid Bath but the entire cave was seeping. Two yellow jacket stings and a hike out later, me and Audrey were on the search for dry rock. We headed down the cirque at Endless Wall where Audrey was looking to get on Hourglass (12b). After sussing out some beta I went for a flash attempt and almost stuck the slab dyno at the top! I was super psyched at getting so close that all of the mess from earlier today was forgotten. With the thunder and wind starting to pick up I made quick work and sent it second go. As I untied and was beginning to pull the rope, the clouds broke loose on us. It POURED. After an epic hike/run on the trail, including a slip-n-slide in one section, we got back to the car soaked. Back at Roger's was more chill time and working on school. Currently I am finishing my school work at Dairy Queen the best wifi/ice cream/local color around. Great times are being cherished up here as we leave in a week to go back to the good old south. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment