Saturday, June 19, 2010

Routes are ticking





Wow what a great week it has been so far up here. Many new routes have been sent and I am getting more psyched than ever on climbing. I know I have been lacking in updates but the past couple of days have been long and hard, especially yesterday. Wednesday we headed back out to first butress again with audrey and ryan both working their projects while I warmed up on a really good ten and onsighted this fun and bouldery 11c. I then headed over to the third butress where I got on Skull in the Hole (12a) and went for the onsight but once again fell on the final move. It actually took me another burn until I sent it third go thankfully. Thursday we headed out with a part rest day part climbing. We went down to kaymoor and did two or three amazing moderate arete routes there. I decided to end after only 3 routes to head back and finish up some school work. I absolutely hate English 102. It could be the worst class on this earth along with my professor. If I could only describe to you the monotonous and unexciting nature of the so called "stories" that I have to put my self through. I think I am going to be an author if thats what people actually read. Anyways, friday we woke up early and headed out at 8 to the first butress again where I had my sights set on creature (12c). I had no intentions on doing it that day but after giving it one go I could tell my body was tired. Second go I gave it everything I had and next thing I know I am at the anchors. Funny how mental climbing could be. I was pretty much set for the day and could have gone home but ryan fortunately kept pushing me. He put me on Starry (12b) which climbs out of this huge 100 foot overhang with a full on huck for a jug at the top. I pulled off the ground again not knowing if I was going to be able to climb ten more feet let alone even finish the route. After taking advantage of every rest opportunity and a little VENGA! at the top, I sent.  Ok my day is done right? wrong. One last route, The prow (12b). Same thing but with a little more dynamic move at the top. After one go on it I could barely hold on to anything. I gave all I had second go and fell toward the top, so physically exhausted I could barely pull up on the rope to try the move again. Ryan was dragging too but he still had to finish one route before the days end, actually, the day was already over. He sent the route in almost moon light! Such a sick finish to the day, we finally, 14 hours later, hiked out. Today was a much needed rest day. School work of course then a nice run in the afternoon. Yeah, it poured rain right when I began to run but it was aaaaaaawwwsome. I ended up hiding out under a bridge when it began to flood the trail I was on. Then it stopped. After some much needed swimming I headed back to my home, the all amazing fayettville walmart, to cook some grub and get sleep for tomorrow. More updates to come as hopefully I will get on Latic Acid Bath tomorrow! Here are two pictures I got from my run today. The big bridge is the new river bridge, and the small is the bridge I camped out under during the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment